Coronavirus (COVID-19) Statement
This is our statement in regards to the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation.
Given the threat from COVID-19, the government has enabled charities who are providing vital services to remain open to deliver essential and urgent care in the community. As a voluntary sector provider that works closely with the NHS, we always strive to deliver the highest hygiene standards, however we have brought in new measures to protect our service users, volunteers and colleagues.
- We’ve suspended all face to face friendly visiting. This is to support the Government efforts to protect us all. We are however continuing to deliver friendly visiting via telephone and Skype etc. to ensure that older people are not forgotten.
- Following government guidance, all prospective referrals for support will be triaged prior to acceptance to ensure that we are able to accept the referral safely.
- We have put recommended measures in place, where possible, to adhere to social distancing guidelines. This will mean that service users being transported home after a stay in hospital will be asked to wear a surgical face mask and sit in the rear passenger seat of the vehicle
- Without compromising on care, modifying our procedures to minimise the time that a SCCCC Team Member will be in proximity to service users. When in close proximity to service users, surgical masks, gloves and aprons will be worn by our team members
- Vehicles used by SCCCC in the transportation of service users will be cleaned after every journey in accordance with established procedures
Our up to date Risk Assessment can be found here.
We know that this is a very difficult time for everyone. However, the action we have taken is necessary to ensure the safety of our staff, volunteers and service users.
If you or someone you know needs our support, please contact us, we may still be able to help.
We will keep you updated through our website and our social media channels (Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn) when we have further information.
In the meantime please stay safe and stay well.